Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Finding the Gold in the Coal.

Husband's 30th birthday is tomorrow. To honor him through blog, I'm posting this video (Husband is 3rd from the right):



Husband has the amazing opportunity to earn a degree in Music Technology through IPFW and Sweetwater Sound (Indiana-Purdue University of Fort Wayne) with a major in Classical Guitar. He's so amazingly talented; I'm thrilled for him to have this opportunity. So many things have happened in the 2 semesters that he's been enrolled that have proven to us that this is absolutely what he is destined to do with his life. His talent is why I initially fell in love with him, and I'm happy to support him.

While he is pursing this opportunity, I am working full-time and proud to call myself the bread-winner. I am willing to sacrifice for the betterment of our little family. I know it bothers Husband because it's a role-reversal, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love him and want him to excel and be as happy as he can be in this life.

With that being said, I've recently been schooling myself in the act of Frugality. This is all new for me because I'm admittedly spoiled by my parents and have never really had to want for much. However, in this stage of life I've had to push myself to continue producing breast milk even though Lilly won't feed off of me anymore so that we won't blow through formula as quickly. She's eating cereal now, so thats a huge help. Now I'm planning on making her baby food. Not only is an extremely healthy option, I'm also a huge nerd when it comes to food preparation. I have about a month to prepare for this next endeavor, so I'm still doing research. I do know that I plan on purchasing this book:


Along with this handy dandy BabyBullet system to prepare and store everything (note the smiley faces):

So far my research has shown me that these appear to be the best 2 items I can buy.

frugalnovice.com is hosting a contest where you can win the BabyBullet system. It will be mine....oh yes...it will be mine....

I think I'm experiencing my first bout of competitiveness as a Mother. God help us all. 

Regardless of my new found competitive streak, its important that I compete because we simply do not have the money.  So even though I may be annoying my facebook or twitter friends, I'm posting the link to the frugal novice as much as possible to increase my chances of winning. Am I annoyed with myself? Yes. Do I have a choice? Not really. I'm ok with that though. Being broke allows one to be more creative.  I'm especially thankful for this stage life because I'm learning ways to make life exceptional and will pass the lessons onto my daughter, just as my parents have attempted to do with me. I'm beginning to believe that lessons such as these are what life is all about. When we sacrifice for our loved ones and find creative ways to exist to our fullest potential, doesn't it make the world a better place? I'm beginning to think so. 

"By sowing frugality we reap liberty, a golden harvest."
Agesilaus



No comments:

Post a Comment